Online book renewals
Users are permitted to renew their borrowings (books and bound volumes of journals) any number of times provided there is no reservation for the same.
Books are issued for 15 days and bound volume journals for 2 days. Please return or renew your borrowing/s on or before the last date marked on the date stamp slip, or else the borrowings will incur fine. Non-receipt of email / SMS reminders for any reason is not an excuse for non-payment of overdue charges.
You may renew your borrowing/s, online. Please follow the steps given below.
Note: a. After a fresh issue, only the first 2-time online book(s) renewal is permitted.
b. Overdue book(s) can not be renewed online.
|No. of days after the due date||Fine to be paid (₹)|
|01 to 15 Days||₹ 1/ Day|
|16 to 30 Days||₹ 2/ Day|
|After 30 Days||₹ 5/ Day|
1. Visit the online Catalogue Link.
2. If the library name is shown as 'J.R.D. Tata Memorial Library', change it to 'Central Library' from the drop-down menu at the top, right-hand corner.
3. Click on 'My Account' to log-in to 'online catalogue' account.
4. Use the last 5 (five) digits of your ID number as the 'username.
5. If you have already reset the default password, use that to log-in. Or else, use 'iisc ' (without the quotes) as the initial password. You can change the password once you log-in
6. Click on the 'Items Checked out' tab.
7. In the next screen, click on the 'renew' button, to renew a book. Repeat this step to renew other books, if applicable.
8. To change the default password, 'click on the 'Change Password ' tab, and follow the instructions therein.
9. After completing the transactions, log-out of your 'online catalogue' account.
Should you have a problem in using the online book renewal feature, please get in touch with the library circulation desk staff.