Online book renewals
Users may renew their borrowings any number of times provided there is no reservation for the same.
Do you know online book(s) reservation is possible using your IISc credential?
Books are issued for 14 days. Please return or renew your borrowing/s on or before the last date marked on the date stamp slip, or else the borrowings will incur fine. Non-receipt of email / SMS reminders for any reason is not an excuse for non-payment of overdue charges.
Book renewals can be done, online, using your handheld devices, too.
You may renew your borrowing/s, online. Please follow the steps given below.
Note: a. After a fresh issue, online renewal can be done not more than 2 times.
b. Overdue book(s) can not be renewed online.
c. Mode of Fine Payment: Cash only (please try to tender the exact amount for faster service)
|No. of days after the due date||Fine to be paid (₹)|
|01 to 15 Days||₹ 1/ Day|
|16 to 30 Days||₹ 2/ Day|
|After 30 Days||₹ 5/ Day|
1. Visit the online Catalogue Link
2. If the library name is shown as 'J.R.D. Tata Memorial Library', change it to 'Central Library' from the drop-down menu at the top, right-hand corner.
3. Click on 'My Account' to login to the 'online catalogue' account.
4. Students who have joined the institute till the academic year 2018-19, please use the last five digits of your id number as the 'username'. Please contact the library circulation counter to get the password. For example, if your student id is, "12-34-56-78-91-23-4-56789", use the last five digits, i.e., 56789 as the 'username'. Please contact the library circulation counter to get the password.
Students who have joined the institute from the academic year 2019-20 onward, please use the entire 18 digits of your id (without the hyphens) as the 'username'. Please contact the library circulation counter to get the password.
Faculty and staff, please use your employee id by prefixing a '0' to it as the 'username'. For example, for the employee id, E1234 or 1234, your login id will be, 01234. Note: if your employee id (numeral part) is less than 4 digits, prefix zero/es as required to make it 5 digits. Please contact the library circulation counter to get the password.
Alumni members, please use your membership id as-is. For example, if your id is, 1234-A, use the id as the 'username'. Please contact the library circulation counter to get the password.
5. Click on the 'Items Checked out' tab.
6. On the next screen, click on the 'renew' button, to renew a book. Repeat this step to renew other books, if applicable.
7. To change the default password, 'click on the 'Change Password' tab, and follow the instructions therein.
8. After completing the transactions, log-out of your 'online catalogue' account.
Should you have a problem with using the online book renewal feature, please get in touch with the library circulation desk staff.
Circulation Services & Queries