Online book renewals
Users may renew their borrowings any number of times provided there is no reservation.
Users can renew book/s twice without bringing them physically to the circulation counter or online but should bring the same if user/s want to renew for 03rd and subsequent times.
Document/s searching, book/s renewal/s, and reservation/s can be done using the WebOPAC (Online Catalogue), online, using your handheld device/s, without VPN/IISc Network, too. It's the one-stop search place for your all need.
Books are issued for 14 days. Please return or renew your borrowing/s on or before the last date marked on the date stamp slip, or else the borrowing/s will incur a fine. Non-receipt of E-mail/SMS reminders for any reason is not an excuse for non-payment of overdue charges.
You may renew your borrowing/s online. Please follow the steps given below.
Note: a. After a fresh issue, online renewal can be done not more than 2 times.
b. Overdue book/s can not be renewed online.
c. Mode of Fine Payment: Cash only (please try to tender the exact amount for faster service)
|No. of days after the due date||Fine to be paid (₹)|
|01 to 15 Days||₹ 1/ Day|
|16 to 30 Days||₹ 2/ Day|
|After 30 Days||₹ 5/ Day|
1. Please visit the WebOPAC (Online Catalogue)
2. If the library name is shown as 'J.R.D. Tata Memorial Library', change it to 'Central Library' from the drop-down menu at the top, right-hand corner.
3. Click on 'My Account' to log in to the 'WebOPAC (Online Catalogue)' account.
4. Students, please use the last five digits of your SR number as the 'username'. For example, if your SR number is, '12-34-56-78-91-23-4-56789', use the last five digits, i.e., 56789 as the 'username'. If you have not been able to log in, use the entire 18 digits of your SR number (without the hyphens) as the 'username. Please contact the library circulation counter to get the password.
Faculty and staff, please use your employee id by prefixing a '0' to it as the 'username'. For example, for the employee id, E1234 or 1234, your login id will be, 01234. Note: if your employee id (numeral part) is less than 4 digits, prefix zero/es as required to make it 5 digits. Please contact the library circulation counter to get the password.
Alumni members, please use your membership id as-is. For example, if your id is, 1234-A, use the id as the 'username'. Please contact the library circulation counter to get the password.
5. Click on the 'Items Checked out' tab.
6. On the next screen, click on the 'renew' button, to renew a book. Repeat this step to renew other book/s, if applicable.
7. To change the default password, 'click on the 'Change Password' tab, and follow the instructions therein.
8. After completing the transactions, log out of your 'WebOPAC (Online Catalogue)' account.
Should you have a problem with using the online book renewal feature, please get in touch with the JRDTML Circulation Counter Staff.
Circulation Services & Queries